Thursday, March 21, 2013

5 trends I'll never wear

Never say never, right? But I think we all have trends that we'd prefer to stay away from, whether it's because we can't pull off the look or because we just don't like it. Here are some trends I personally can't picture myself trying. Not just runway trends, but also trends that are common among the masses and I often see in my daily life.

1. Toms - When I look at them, all I can think is that they look like Chinese foot bindings.
Source: brentunderwood.com

2. Crop tops - There's nothing wrong with crop tops, in my opinion. I just don't think they work on me. Maybe it's because I'm a little shy, since I also feel this way about dresses with peekaboo cuts.

Source: style.com.
3. Uggs - Their popularity seems to be on the decline, and I'm very glad for that. I've heard they're comfortable and warm, but to me, the unforgivable shape and appearance just cannot be excused by any level of comfort.
Source: fashion.about.com
4. Snakeskin - It scares me just to think about it. Is no one else terrified by it?

5. Mixing prints - I'm fine with one, or even two prints in an outfit. After that, it starts to feel a little busy and I get the feeling that my outfit is overwhelming me. Maybe the main problem for me is that I don't have expertise to coordinate an outfit with a variety of prints.
Source: style.com
What are some trends you wouldn't wear?

21 comments:

  1. I Love this post!! We always see what bloggers love but not usually what they hate, I can't handle snake-print either. I am in complete agreement with your list besides for mixing prints (its something Ive recently warmed up to, but mixing just two prints at a time). I would add Crocs to this No-go list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this year i love to mix print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. greeat post

    I have a great giveaway on my blog.
    Win a Roses & Clementines Rose crown.
    Hope you enter!

    rachaeldobbins.blogspot.co.uk

    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you on the first one!! the rest I've tried or want to try ;)

    kisses

    http://myvintagememoirs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this year i liked "stripes"
    great post
    xx
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to mix prints, but I am afraid it will look really bad.

    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally agree with everything excepting the crop tops, because although i dont wear them obviously, i thin they can suit a lot to a women
    but i really love you opinions!!

    lets follow and stay in touch, im gooin!
    www.malesclutch.blogspot.com

    Sergio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh i love this sort of post! Hate Toms, could wear UGGs for comfort purposes and i do not suit crop tops AT ALL!!! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I'd ever wear those funny platform shoes similar to the 90's from Lolita style which are coming into fashion here...It just screams Spice girls to me! haha...I had to wince when you wrote uggs...I am guilty! only around the house in my pj's though! lol
    xoxo Amie @ Spoonful of Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't ever wear stripes, that's not a trend for me! Kiss
    Follow each other's via facebook?


    New post on Tati loves pearls

    Tati loves pearls facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pics my dear!!!

    www.borsadimarypoppins.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha; I agree with you, except for uggs, I bought some and love them ! To me crocs a way worse !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey guys, i'm currently doing a survey on blog readers for my bachelor thesis. You would help me a lot if you could take 5 minutes of your time to answer the questions: https://www.soscisurvey.de/BA_Jana_Haus/
    Thank you so much! Love, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wont wear uggs or toms either, uggs are still okay actually but toms? not meant for fashionista.

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love my Uggs. Love, love, love them! I could definitely do without the crop tops, though. Never a cute look no matter how toned your belly is.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post! I'm not liking those tom shoes >_<

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to hate uggs too, but Penny from Big Bang Theory makes them work! LOL! Now, snakeskin. UGH!

    April
    www.beautyandbraids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete