Sunday, August 26, 2012

Latest trend: cats?

Karl Lagerfeld's kitten, Choupette, has become one of fashion's biggest star. Months ago, he was quoted talking about how Choupette likes to eat paper. I'm not much of an expert on cats so I can't say whether or not that's healthy, but it looks like she's doing better than ever. She's now landing magazine editorials, including Harper's Bazaar with Karl Lagerfeld and a spread in V with Laetitia Casta.
Source: harpersbazaar.com
Source: vmagazine.com
Grace Coddington, creative director of American Vogue and known lover of cats, also doodled a bag of cats for Balenciaga.
Source: www.styleite.com
If we backtrack a bit, an ad campaign shot for Lanvin in 2009 also features cats, but with a spin of darker glamour.
Source: www.luxuo.com
What are your thoughts on this trend? Cute or not?

14 comments:

  1. cute and maybe a little creepy. lol. Fabulous post, love! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nope! I'm a dog person all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in love with this!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog! Would you like to follow each other?

    Love, Nyt
    Metajojuana under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete
  5. nic post!!

    http://elcoffre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! i like it!

    xo
    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool post!!!
    Its the cat that has inspired his new colloection i think it was the blue eyes of the cat!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blog and photos. I really love it. Check mine :)



    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lagerfeld is always tweeting about his cat, it's adorable! Having both cats and dogs myself, I love 'em. Whyever not incorporate them into fashion?

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think its cute :)

    www.style-me-yesterday.com

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww how cute! love cats :)
    yuliconversations@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Balenciaga bag is definitely a piece I'd love to have in my wardrobe. I heard it was inspired by fashion doll-type sketches of a well-known cartoon cat but I'm not familiar with it so I can't be sure.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete