Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fashion and film

Fashion and film are both subjects that interest me, so I can't help but love when the two subjects come to crossroads. A few months ago, I wrote a post on fashion of the early 60s, inspired by the gorgeous dresses featured in the 2009 movie, An Education. However, the relationship between fashion and film is a two way street. Not only do we see amazing costumes in films, but we also see the fashion industry making ventures in cinema.

When I think about this type of project, the first that comes to mind is perfume commercials. Which ones are your favourite? One of my favourites is a piece directed by Guy Ritchie for Dior Homme, starring Jude Law and Michaela Kocianova.

Source: adrants.com


Another great example is this Prada commercial starring Daria Werbowy.



There are other promotional projects of a more general and experimental nature, like this short film directed by Karl Lagerfeld, starring a team of Karl's favourite models. This one was received with mixed reviews.


18 comments:

  1. I have to say that I really loved the short films that Karl made, a true creative genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!!! love Karl's film!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the permufe's campaing
    http://elcoffre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post & cute blog!
    I`m a new follower now.
    And I will be SOO happy, if you follow my blog:-)
    Tatiana
    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    new follower <3

    love from NYC,
    www.nicolealyse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the commercials here, my favorite is Dior Homme! Great post. Would you like to follow each other? Come check out my blog and let me know.

    http://www.wear2day.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post.^^
    Would you like to follow each other???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the commercials you posted! Love your blog! Would you want to follow each other!?

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice videos!!! thank you for posting!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are cute videos!:)


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a cool post!
    thnks for your lovely comment
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi lovely,
    I love especially the short movie for Dior Homme!!I love Jude Law;)
    When you have a chance take a look at my latest post:)
    I wish you a great day:)
    Kisses
    Mary
    Fashion tea at 5

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fashion films are my favorite. Daniel Vosovic did an incredible one a few seasons back that I literally always go back to. Awesome post!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete