Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rediscovering past Chanel ads

There's a certain magic to vintage photo shoots, whether they're editorials or ad campaigns. To me, Chanel campaigns of the past, especially the relatively distant past, are always such classics. The styling, the models, and the photography all look so natural, while still serving the purpose of making the clothes look beautiful and desirable. Here are a few of my favourites:

Mariacarla Boscono for Spring 2003
Source: dinnerwithannawintour.tumblr.com
Angela Lindvall for Fall 2001
Source: justaguy on theFashionSpot
Yasmeen Ghauri for Fall 1990
Source: styleregistry livejournal
Ines de la Fressange for Fall 1987
Source: monsieur-j.tumblr.com
Paulina Porizkova for Spring 1982
Source: styleregistry livejournal
I just wanted to let you all know that I'll be out of the province for a week so that could mean I won't be posting or it might take me a bit of time to comment/look at all of your blogs. Things should return to normal after that, though.

17 comments:

  1. Ah, I love love love all of them! You must have had some patience in order to discover them, at times I look all over the Tumblr for old Vogue editorials (I found one from 1954 yesterday- lucky me!) so this collection of yours is really nice! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    Kisses, Mary
    http://teenfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. just classic, thanks for sharing the epic photos!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool photos! Chanel always has lovely campaigns and shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I absolutely love Yasmeen Ghauri for Fall 1990 :)

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, great post!!


    http://linastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog! Follow you too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You are very inspiring dear.I just discovered your blog and really like it.! I just shared Nail Polish Addiction on my blog. If you have a minute, I would love to hear your comment.
    Also, let me know if you want us to follow each other. I will definitely follow you back...

    Blow a Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    O.X.Y.G.E.N.on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos!
    If you want, check out my blog:

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. chanel.. beauty and elegance <3
    www.spliffedcookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all so fabulous. Adore this post, hun. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post and guest post for Lauren Conrad. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 1982 one is my favourite, it's just the first image that comes to our head when we think of 'Chanel'
    Excellent post.

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. be freands?http://lengilochka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello!

    I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! :)

    http://highheeledconfusion.blogspot.fi/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete