Thursday, July 5, 2012

FW12.13 couture comment

For me, FW12.13 was one of the more exciting seasons when it came to couture. Here are some of the shows that I would like to make a special comment on:

Atelier Versace

This collection has the sexy glamour that I used to love seeing on Versace ready-to-wear runways until it began changing to a different aesthetic. I love that it's returned but I think it's a little tacky for couture. (full collection here)

Christian Dior

This is Raf Simons' first collection for Dior. There are some lovely moments of classic Dior and a minimalistic approach to silhouettes from the Dior archives. The craftsmanship of the Dior studio is excellent as always, but I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping that Raf would have a little more to offer. (full collection here)

Alexis Mabille

I've heard many comments that this collection is a little over-the-top, but maybe a little drama is what we need sometimes. I love the atmosphere of glamourous extravagance that this collection brings. (full collection here)

Chanel
 
To me, this collection was subtler and more low-key than what Karl usually brings us. It's full of feminine elegance in a simpler way. I love that it has returned to Chanel's roots and the silhouettes have ventured beyond what we have become accustomed to seeing from Chanel's past few collections. (full collection here)

Jean Paul Gaultier

The JPG woman is probably one of the coolest women in the world. PETA protests and a delay caused some major editors to leave, which is a real pity because this was not a collection to be missed. The collection is bold, unafraid, unapologetic, but also full of purpose and full of creativity. (full collection here)

Valentino

I've said in a previous post that Valentino just keeps getting better, and I stand by my words. This latest collection is less girly, more mature, and a little darker than before. However, it still successfully retains the romantic and elegant DNA of the new Valentino. (full collection here)

17 comments:

  1. 1.) the two you posted of versace were my favorite, because, i ultimately thought everything else was sinking into tacky-land, sadly :(
    2.) alexis mabille embodies all that is couture! :))
    3.) Valentino DOES keep on getting better and better... i'm in LOVE!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT post! LOVE all the outfits! :)

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful collections there, my fav is the Jean Paul he always makes it so grand! thanks for sharing em darl!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i wish i was inside and saw this with my own eyes! I was actually stadning outside the jean paul gaultier and valentino show! :) I have some pictures on my blog of it!!<3
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collections! So feminine, classy, sophisticated, and radiant! Love them all, but my favorites are the Versace dresses! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other? I promise I’ll follow you back!
    Have a nice day!

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    ReplyDelete
  6. Those first two dresses are amazing, so breezy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all gorgeous gowns. Pretty!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic dresses

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Oh Wow ♥

    I love this kind of posts, they're really fresh and inspiring!

    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    $30 RIRE giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amaazing blog and I really love it.

    Very nice photos :))



    ~~follow each other?



    http://lajune16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shows you focused on. Your summaries were spot on. The JPG collection was probably my favorite:)
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Valentino and Dior are absoulutely my favourite ones among the others.

    Cheers
    Sara C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dior is everything. I'm so excited to see what Raf does to continue changing the brand image!
    Very sweet blog :)
    -SJ
    www.thegirlinthecheckscarf.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything looks gorgeous! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tian

    Haven't heard for a long time, you have a great post, beautiful pics

    Hope to hear from you soon
    www.personalautographs.blogspot.co.uk

    Jatinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all those ultra feminine dresses that really flatters a woman's figure xoxo
    thanks for commenting on my blog dear, would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete