Thursday, May 10, 2012

Fragrances

If you ask me, the beauty of fragrances isn't something that everyone can appreciate. When I went out to buy my first perfume, I was being tempted solely by glamourous ads and pretty bottles. I had no clue what exactly it was that I wanted and I had trouble telling the difference scents apart. Though I cannot consider myself to be anywhere near an expert, I have gained a greater appreciation for fragrances since then.

My perfume essential
Without doubt, my perfume essential would have to be Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel. It was the third perfume I've ever tried and I've been in love with it since. I've tried a few others in the meantime, Yves Saint Laurent's Parisienne being another one of my favourites. But no matter what it is that I'm trying out, I always have a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle on my desk. What are your essentials?



Extra
For many blue chip high fashion brands, clothing lines are not the main source of profit. It's often accessories and cosmetics lines that bring in far more money. An important composite of these sales are fragrances. Fragrances tend to be more affordable and wearable for the average person. For the average consumer, they can be a link to the ultra-exclusive high fashion world.

I think it's worth mentioning that Brad Pitt has recently been announced as the new face of Chanel No. 5. Thoughts on a man advertising a fragrance for women? I'm personally uncertain about how it is that he will promote the perfume and I don't think Brad Pitt fits Chanel No. 5 quite as well Audrey Tautou. Of course, I'm still interested to see what they'll whip out. Perhaps a new commercial with a romantic theme? Perfume commercials can be really interesting sometimes. Dior has made some of my favourite commercials but I'm not sure what to think of all of them. Should I call this one fierce or pure craaazy?:


13 comments:

  1. Greate blog and cool post:) I follow you:) Invite to me and I hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco Mademoiselle is one of my staple scents too. I also like 'Love, Chloe'.
    -Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh i cannot tell you how much im in love with this perfume!!! One of the best!
    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this perfume! Your blog is so cute =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is interesting how he is advertising for Chanel. Maybe a good way to get ladies head turning?

    xx
    Amanda
    MyCowlick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice, a classic. I'm completely infatuated with Love by Chloe, I can't stop buying it and I literally use up bottles of it. Kisses

    http://mostlymelina.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. I've used Miss Dior Cherie forever now because its light, airy and whimsical. Nothing too strong, nothing too overpowering. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like a dork but I've never smelled a chanel fragrance! MY signature is burberry brit

    ♥ B
    With Love From Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  9. love COCO

    www.glamourcoma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. my idol is coco chanel so of course my love is chanel n 9... but my signature fragrance is always j'adore dior! :)
    following u now ... follow me back? :)
    www.fshn4us.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite perfumes as well!

    http://ladynoree.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like so much this post. Every time better.
    Come to check out my new post, i´m sure you´ll love it!

    ReplyDelete