Monday, May 28, 2012

5 best looks of Cannes 2012

Watching red carpet fashion is always my favourite part of the Cannes Film Festival. As with every year, this year's red carpet had its fair share of boring looks, along with a few downright fails. But, of course, there are some looks that just take your breath away and make it worth the time. It was definitely difficult narrowing it down to my five favourite looks of the festival.

1. Diane Kruger in custom Nina Ricci
I love that she was a member of the jury this year because it meant that we got to see red carpet appearances from her every day. She's my ultimate bias so I had trouble choosing which look of hers to include on this list.
 (Source: en.vogue.fr)
2. Nicole Kidman in Lanvin
A lot of people seem to love this look, and I must say that I love it too. There are some amazing Lanvin dresses out there and this one suits Nicole perfectly.
(Source: en.vogue.fr)
3. Liu Wen in Roberto Cavalli
I think she's found a perfect spot between sexy and elegant with this look.
 (Source: fashiongonerogue.com) 
4. Natasha Poly in Pucci
It's simple but it works. Everything just falls into place perfectly.
(Source: fashiongonerogue.com)
5. Bianca Balti in Dolce & Gabbana
It's a bold look and one that not everyone can pull off. She took a risk and the result was stunning.
(Source: www.glamour.es)

20 comments:

  1. I loved Diane Kruger dress ! She looks amazing !
    Newest follower - it would be great if you could follow me back ! xx
    Andrea - www.dreamingofchanel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the dresses!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia,com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored Diane Kruger's dress. It's just gorgeous. Great post and great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks that you picked out are so gorgeous. We especially love Diane Kruger and her lovely in white gown. This blog is lovely, keep up the great work! :)

    Tian, we followed you please be kind and do the same.

    11&Chic
    The site for women looking for stylish designer shoes in their size, size 11

    www.11andchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obsessed with Diane Kruger's look! It's stunning!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I love Diane Krugers dress the most! But I would say that as she's one of my most favourite actresses <3 xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved the Nina Riccis dress. so cute and perfect.
    http://www.shakespearedebatom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with you. Those looks are stunning. Bianca Balti looks so incredibly royal in that dress, while Diane Kruger looks like a lady and Natasha Poly looks absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole Kidman can do no wrong. So elegant! Love Lanvin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Nicole's Dress-she does the red carpet so right! Natasha looks great too!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this collections! Wish I could dress up like these! :P
    I'm hosting a giveaway to everyone! Hope you can check it out X

    ★Romiya Fashion Inspiration Blog★Beaded Collar GIVEAWAY + $10 Voucher for all!(NO MIN SPEND)

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are looking fabulous! beautiful dresses

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane Kruger has to be my favourite - effortlessly chic! I'm really loving your blog!
    Fancy returning the follow please?

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. these looks are all gorgeous! :)

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liu Wen's dress is amazing, so elegant! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, Nicole Kidman rocked that gorgeous dress! My favorite look :)

    Enter to win a Crash and Burn dress!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic dresses, love your choice! have a good weekend! ;)

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Kisses from Italy

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the designs!

    I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, please join! :) xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete