Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Focus on minimalism

Minimalism is a trend that I've been paying renewed attention to lately. I don't tend to carry it into my personal style because I don't think it really works for me, but I nonetheless love the clean look it has on the runway. Generally, I don't think it takes away from design as much as it brings attention to other aspects of design, like silhouettes and and structures.

I remember first coming to really notice minimalism on the Fendi runway several seasons ago. My interest in the trend was probably renewed by some of the great minimalistic looks on the FW12.13 runway. There are these lovely looks from Acne, Yves Saint Laurent, and Roland Mouret, for example.





I also find minimalism to be underrated but très cool when it comes to celebrity style. For instance, Kate Bosworth and Carey Mulligan pulled off their Jil Sander and Roland Mouret looks wonderfully.


1 comment:

  1. I love all these minimalistic looks! I agree, they always look so much better on the runway. I try to take the minimalistic approach all the time, but 98% of the time I always feel like it looks more like "lazy" on me..

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete